Friday, May 1, 2009

My CVS Shopping List Week 5/3


I am so excited about this next week at CVS because I am a Coke Zero addict. I probably drink about a half-pack a day and my insides are probably syrupy and fizzy after years of abuse. :-) Anyway, I love it when I can get stuff for free at CVS other than toothpaste and shampoo!

First things first - remember to scan your card at the coupon center when you go into the store. I know some of you guys don't have a card scanner and I am deeply sorry for that because these nifty machines spit out valuable coupons. For the past few months, I've received $5 off $25 coupons each and every time I scanned my card. The last two times I shopped I didn't get one. This has been a topic of worry for my friend Jamie and I. It is harder to put together deals at CVS without them but still perfectly possible.

Here is a copy of the ad. Remember it is not effective until Sunday, May 3.

I think these are the best ECB deals for the week and the coupons you can use with them:

$10 ECB WYB $20 any Coke or Mars Products Limit 1

Buy 5 packs of Coke
Use 5 $1 Coke coupons (get these at mycokerewards.com after entering codes from flaps)
Get 5 packs for $5 after ECBs

$2 ECB WYB Colgate Max Fresh or Max White $2.99 Limit 2
Use $1 Colgate Max Fresh coupons
Free after ECBs

$3 ECB WYB Adidas Action3 2.8 oz Deodorant $3.99 Limit 3
Use $1 Adidas coupon
Free after ECBs

$5 ECB WYB Kelloggs Cereals 3/$10 Limit 1
Use 3 $1 coupons from the newspaper or use the printables I mentioned yesterday.
Get 3 boxes for $2 after ECBs

I am going into this week with $26 in extra care bucks. Here is my game plan:

Transaction #1
5 12-packs of Coke - $20
1 canister of Lumene face cream - $2.99
2 tubes of Colgate - $5.98
2 Adidas deodorants - $7.98
Subtotal: $36.95
-5 $1 Coke Reward coupons
-$5 Lumene coupon (I got this from the coupon center and the cashier usually allows the overage)
-2 $1 Colgate coupons
-2 $1 Adidas coupons
= $22.95 - pay with $23 ECB and get $20 in ECBs back

Transaction #2
3 boxes Kelloggs cereal $10
Subtotal: $10
-3 $1 coupons
=$7 - use $6 ECBs from Adidas, $1 out of pocket, get $5 in ECBs

For all of that stuff, I spent $1 out of pocket and still have $22 in ECBs!

I generally don't like to come away with fewer ECBs than I walked into the store with but I'll make exceptions for Coke, lol! :-)

If you are just starting out, I would break up your transactions and do the toothpaste and deodorant deals first, then the cereal, and then the Coke. That way, you'll spend less out of pocket starting out.




No comments:

Post a Comment